Applies to part number NETB17WRMX (Pierce WireRat MX 2017+)
These wiring instructions are intended for part # NETB17WRMX which contains 6 wires (black, blue, red, orange, white, green). If you are attempting to install a WireRat with 5 wires, please view this article instead.
Older Pierce pivots may use a different wire coloring scheme on it's end tower terminal strip. Please see this article in the event the colors don't match the picture below.
- Connect the green wire from the NETB17WRMX to the grounding bar.
- Connect the black, blue, and white wires as shown in the picture above.
- Remove the yellow wire from the Lockwood terminal strip and wire nut this wire to the orange wire from the NETB17WRMX.
- Place the red wire from the NETB17WRMX into the terminal where the yellow wire came from in Step 3. Tighten the terminal. The Lockwood safety circuit is now in series with the NETB17WRMX.
Testing your Wiring
- Start the pivot walking in forward.
- Use the Net Irrigate mobile app on your phone to check for the start event.
- Stop the pivot using the mobile app on your phone. The pivot should shut down in 60 to 90 seconds.
- Once the pivot properly shuts down, use the mobile app on your phone to check for the stop event.
- Repeat steps 1-4 above walking the pivot in reverse instead.