Applies to WireRat and PivotProxy part numbers NETB12WR, NET13PIV, NETB14PIV, and NETB16WRMX (Zimmatic WireRat/PivotProxy 2012-2016)
On a Zimmatic pivot, the WireRat MX and PivotProxy are powered by the center pivot's safety circuit. To enable remote shutdown, the safety circuit must be placed in series with the WireRat MX or PivotProxy hardware. The safety circuit is essentially fed through a normally closed relay contact inside the Net Irrigate branded enclosure.
- Make sure the power to the pivot panel is OFF and the main disconnect is locked.
- Connect the white wire from the Net Irrigate product to the neutral terminal (usually terminal 10 or wherever the white wires are connected on the terminal strip).
- Connect the green wire from the Net Irrigate product to ground (usually terminal 11).
- Remove the brown wire (safety) from the terminal strip inside the tower box. The brown wire is usually attached to terminal 4.
- Connect the black wire from the Net Irrigate product to the terminal you removed the brown wire from in the previous step.
- Wire nut the brown wire you removed from the terminal strip to the red wire on the Net Irrigate product.
- Cap off the blue wire. It is not used.
Testing your Wiring and Remote Shutdown
- Start the Zimmatic pivot walking in either direction.
- Use the Net Irrigate mobile app on your phone to check for the start event.
- Use the mobile app on your phone to send a remote shutdown command to the pivot. The pivot should stop within 2 minutes of sending the shut down command.
- Once the pivot properly shuts down, use the mobile app on your phone to check for the stop event.