Applies to part number NETB17WRMX (Valley WireRat MX 2017+)
These wiring instructions are intended for part # NETB17WRMX which contains 6 wires (black, blue, red, orange, white, green). If you are attempting to install a WireRat with 5 wires, please view this article instead.
Changes to the 2017 Model
Unlike older models, the NETB17WRMX is powered off of the pivot's forward and reverse run control circuits. Remote shutdown is accomplished through an isolated normally closed relay with a dedicated common.
- Make sure the pivot panel is OFF and the main disconnect is locked.
- Connect the Net Irrigate green wire to the ground bar.
- Connect the Net Irrigate white wire to the neutral (usually terminal 4).
- Connect the Net Irrigate black wire to brown (usually terminal 5).
- Connect the Net Irrigate blue wire to orange (usually terminal 6).
- Remove the yellow-red wire from the terminal strip in the end tower box (usually terminal 9). Wire nut the yellow-red wire to the orange wire coming from the Net Irrigate hardware.
- Connect the Net Irrigate red wire to terminal 9 (or wherever the yellow-red wire was removed from) on the Valley terminal strip.
Testing your Wiring and Remote Shutdown
- Start the pivot walking in forward.
- Use the Net Irrigate mobile app on your phone to check for the start event.
- Stop the pivot using the mobile app on your phone. The pivot should shut down in 60 to 90 seconds.
- Once the pivot properly shuts down, use the mobile app on your phone to check for the stop event.
- Repeat steps 1-4 above walking the pivot in reverse instead.