Applies to part number NETB17WRMX (Zimmatic WireRat MX 2017+)
These wiring instructions are intended for part # NETB17WRMX which contains 6 wires (black, blue, red, orange, white, green). If you are attempting to install a WireRat with 5 wires, please view the Zimmatic Wiring for WireRat MX (2012-2016) document instead.
- Make sure the pivot panel is OFF and the main disconnect is locked.
- Connect the Net Irrigate green wire to the ground bar.
- Connect the Net Irrigate white wire to the neutral (usually terminal 10).
- Connect the Net Irrigate black wire to yellow (usually terminal 6).
- Connect the Net Irrigate blue wire to pink (usually terminal 7).
- Remove the brown wire from the terminal strip in the end tower box (usually terminal 4). Wire nut the brown wire to the orange wire coming from the Net Irrigate hardware.
- Connect the Net Irrigate red wire to terminal 4 (or wherever the brown wire was removed from) on the Zimmatic terminal strip.
Testing your Wiring and Remote Shutdown
- Start the pivot walking in forward.
- Use the Net Irrigate mobile app on your phone to check for the start event.
- Stop the pivot using the mobile app on your phone. The pivot should shut down in 60 to 90 seconds.
- Once the pivot properly shuts down, use the mobile app on your phone to check for the stop event.
- Repeat steps 1-4 above walking the pivot in reverse instead.