Connection Diagram for CircleScout Control Unit for Valley Center Pivot Control Panels
1. Set up the CircleScout Monitor: You must first install the CircleScout Monitor module at the end tower of the pivot, run the pivot, and ensure that the unit is functioning properly. The app must be reporting that the pivot is moving in order for the stop command to be available. Similarly, the app must be reporting that the pivot is stopped in order to start the pivot remotely.
2. Ensure the Pivot Will Stop: Verify that your pivot will not run when the Safety Out Yellow/Red wire going out to the span cable is removed from terminal 7. If your pivot will run with this wire disconnected, it is unsafe and will need to be serviced.
3. Power the Control Module: Connect the black wire to 120VAC (terminal 3) and the white wire to Control Neutral (terminal 9). Install the 4G LTE modem through a knock out in the bottom of the panel and connect it to the Control Power Module. Power on the panel and verify that the modem is powered when the pivot is not walking and is able to connect to the network. When the 4G LTE Modem has established a cell tower connection the green LED will flash once every second and the red LED will remain ON.
4. Configure Stop Control: Remove the Safety Out Yellow/Red wire going out to the span cable from the bottom of terminal 7 and connect it to one of the blue wires using a wire nut. Connect the other blue wire to Safety Out Yellow/Red (terminal 7). Start the Pivot, once you receive a start notification and the app says the pivot is moving, use the app to issue a stop command. The pivot should stop and the modem should remain powered. If the pivot does not stop, contact Net Irrigate support.
5. Configure Start Control: Connect one of the red wires to the 120 VAC (terminal 3) and the other red wire to Safety Return (terminal 4). Ensure the app says that the pivot is stopped then start the pivot using the app. Once the app reports that the pivot is moving, stop the pivot using the app to ensure that stop control is still functional. If the pivot does not stop, contact Net Irrigate support.
6. Connect the Pilot: Connect the orange pilot wire to End Tower Purple (terminal 14). Verify the pivot still starts and stops using the app.
If your pivot has been altered from the standard Valley wiring you will need to utilize the expertise of an electrician or pivot technician.